Sunday, November 29, 2009

Remember Kinoki, the detox footpad, turned out to be a ripoff?

Alan and I present you, Osuke nutritional supplement:

osuke

For those who are interested, the product's laughable claims are detailed at its website.

However, we would like to point the readers to the five characters below OSUKE:

行迎友先天

The phrase has virtually no meaning in either Chinese or Japanese. But, using our handy-dandy Decoder Card for Gibberish English-Chinese Tattoo font, guess what 行迎友先天 corresponds?

OSUKE

After reading the product's name is complete gibberish, would anyone pay US$37.95 for a bottle of this supplement?

6 comments:

  1. I liked how the website has a tag saying "Leer in Espanol" I don't know Spanish, but I don't think that is the direct translation for "Read in Spanish" I took it to mean look at them funny if I was spanish. HA!

    BTW, who are these jokers (osuke, that is)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it says, "... a high content of marine proteins and essential amino acids"... doesn't that sound like fishmeal to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vivian, it is a little strange that you object to ‘Leer’ in ‘Leer in Espanol’. It is in fact the only correct word in the sentence.

    It should be ‘Leer en español’.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least the hanzi on Kinoki actually meant something... this is complete gibberish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Davo:

    Sorry, I guess my thought process wasn't coming though properly.

    When I saw the "Leer in Espanol", I immediately thought: verb (used without object) 1. to look with a sideways or oblique glance.

    That's why I thought it was funny. It wasn't that I objected to it.

    Sometimes I find the little things are what jump out and catch mt attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So this is where dead Sea Monkeys go when they're sent down the drain...

    ReplyDelete