Wednesday, April 6, 2016

from: Danny S.
to: tiangotlost@gmail.com
date: Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 7:27 PM
subject: Short fat rocker


Hey, reading your blog has had me in hysterics for a while now so I thought I would contribute. I got the following tattoo from a friend of mine who had just started learning to tattoo, he said pick something unique so I Google translated the handle if my email address in to simplified Chinese. I like it and care not a bit if it us complete gibberish, as it is still a unique tattoo. Just thought you might Like a look. Cheers

























Technically correct, but context is wrong.  

Tattoo says "short, fat/adipose, mechanical curved handle" 

2 comments:

  1. OMG, this is hilarious!

    The third compound, 搖桿, actually means "joystick."

    The second one, which should have read 胖子 for "fatty," is instead a direct rendering of "adipose," as you correctly noted, making it especially hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be better if he tattooed it as "搖滾矮冬瓜" ("矮冬瓜" being an idiomatic expressions of " a short fatso). However even that may generate some laughs, but at least it's intended.

    ReplyDelete